Since 1986, Metro Centers for Community Advocacy has provided services for survivors of trauma to the Greater New Orleans area including Jefferson, Orleans, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John and St. James Parishes. All services are free and confidential.
Metro’s Mission: “To break the cycle of violence and aid survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking through advocacy, intervention, empowerment and transformation. “
Services provided by Metro Centers for Community Advocacy
• 24 hour crisis hotline at 504-837-5400
• Counseling to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking or dating violence
• Temporary emergency shelter
• Legal information and advocacy
• Referrals to other community resources based upon each individual’s circumstances
• Information about stalking
• Outreach to the community in the form of presentations about prevention and awareness
Metro has Spanish and Vietnamese capabilities and resources. The organization is funded through state, federal and local grants, as well as from private sources with donations of cash and gift cards, and clothing, food, personal care items or household items for their shelters. Here’s information about how to donate to Metro or how you can volunteer with Metro.
If you would like to speak to an attorney about a civil claim, please contact the experienced attorneys at Lamothe Law Firm by calling 504-704-1414. We represent both adult and child sexual abuse victims, drawing from years of personal injury litigation success and a deep compassion for our clients and the harm they have endured.