Products Should Make Life More Enjoyable, Not Harm Us
America survives and thrives from our manufacturers innovating, producing and selling their products. This is a good thing. What is not right is when they make a profit off products they know are defective and dangerous, and know will injure innocent people. Profits without responsibility is not acceptable.
Products Liability in Louisiana
Products liability cases in Louisiana are controlled by the Louisiana Products Liability Act (LPLA). What seems like a straightforward law can be difficult to fully demonstrate in Court. The Louisiana Products Liability Act (LPLA) holds manufacturers liable for a product that is “unreasonably dangerous” in the following ways:
- In its construction or composition
- In its design
- If the manufacturer fails to provide sufficient warning of hazards
- If the product does not conform to an express manufacturer warranty
Whether your child is harmed playing with a dangerous toy or a family member suffers a catastrophic injury when a defective component causes his power tool to explode, you don’t have time to worry about legal technicalities. You need someone who understands the intricacies of the law and has experience handling product liability cases. You need someone who can help you deal with the injuries or losses you or your family suffered because of the defective product. At Lamothe Law Firm we know the Louisiana Products Liability Act and can bring a claim to recover the amount you deserve.
We’re Backed by Success in Product Liability
At Lamothe Law Firm we have success in bringing claims for defective manufactured or designed products or equipment. Call us at 504-704-1414 if you have been injured due to a product or equipment which has caused you injury.Send A Message
Common Injury Claims Involving Defective Products
Our ability to work effectively with a team of forensic experts to establish a product liability claim can make a significant difference in the outcome of your claim for damages. In many cases, it is highly desirable for the sake of a convincing case to show that the product in question could have been manufactured at a similar cost without the defect that resulted in your injury. In other words, we usually expect to redesign the product that harmed you, your spouse or your child.
We handle defective consumer product cases of all kinds, including:
- Dangerous medical devices, including KLS Martin Rib Plates
- Offshore equipment used in the drilling industry
- Oilfield equipment or machinery
- Equipment used on vessels
- Space heaters, ranges, ovens, water heaters and similar appliances
- Unreasonable fire hazards presented by furniture, bedding, draperies and carpets
- Household power tools and equipment, such as drills, saws and nail guns
- Sporting goods from archery equipment to bike and motorcycle helmets
- Children’s toys, including those imported with dangerous levels of lead paint
- Automotive components, from tires and brakes to seat belts and air bags
You Don’t Pay Unless There is a Recovery
The support of design experts, industrial engineers, biomechanical engineers, mechanical engineers and human factor specialists can generate very considerable expenses while your case is pending. Fortunately for our clients, our past success with product liability litigation allows us to advance all of the costs involved in developing and proving your case. We recover our expenses only when we win a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf. This is known as a contingency fee arrangement. We have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in the cases we believe have merit.
Frank Lamothe has been consistently recognized as one of the leading trial attorneys in Louisiana and the nation.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Super Lawyers
- Invited member, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Invited member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, The Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Listed as Nation’s Top 1% by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Lamothe Law Firm has won national accolades as well.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America