Louisiana wrongful death claims law allows recovery of the following items of loss to the claimant:
– The loss of economic support he or she suffered by the death, including children or spouses.
– Anguish and grief experienced by the loss.
– The loss of consortium including the loss of companionship and love of the victim.
– The pain and suffering of the victim if they did not die immediately.
– “Punitive” damages where alcohol was involved in causing the accident.
– Damages as a result of viewing the event causing the person’s death.
– Funeral expenses
Any claim for wrongful death must be filed within one year of the death.
Lamothe Law Firm has lawyers experienced in representing individuals in wrongful death actions. If a loved one has been killed as a result of the negligence of another, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death action. Speak with an experienced wrongful death lawyer from our law firm today about your case. For the legal help you deserve, contact us at (504) 704-1414.