A majority of wage and hour violations involve overtime compensation or employers wrongly classifying their employees as independent contractors. Other wage issues involve forcing or coercing workers into working hours they do not claim, such as working from home. If you have worked the hours, you deserve to be compensated accordingly, period.
Call Lamothe Law Firm at 504-704-1414 if you have a Wage or Hour Dispute.
We don’t handle cases – We help people.
All Types of Workers Are Affected
Whether your employer is knowingly or mistakenly violating federal wage laws, you are entitled to the money you earn. Not all workers are entitled to overtime pay if they work more than 40 hours a week, such as some seasonal employees, temporary employees and independent contractors. Be sure to check whether your job classification qualifies for overtime pay. If you are not sure, contact us for the advice you need.
Workers of all types—from wait staff to trades people to administrators and professionals—can become victims of exploitation by their employers. Often, workers do not even realize that they are being systematically deprived of thousands of dollars in wages to which they are entitled under the law., Our attorneys at Lamothe Law Firm know that wage theft and exploitation are not problems limited to only one type or class of worker. That is why we make it our business to serve as both a sympathetic ear and an undeniable voice for hard working exploited workers.
Lamothe Law Firm attorneys are familiar with the types of wage and hour failure-to-pay minimum wage or overtime compensation schemes like those described above and has the experience and resources necessary to investigate and pursue virtually any type of class action or collective action wage and hour case.
Call us at 504-704-1414 for a free evaluation if you have a wage and hour claim.
Get Help Resolving Wage Disputes in Your Favor
Call Us at 504-704-1414
If your employer fails to pay you within a reasonable timeframe, they may be subject to legal action.
If you are involved in an overtime dispute or commission dispute, you do not have to tolerate your employer’s failure to pay.
You have the right to file a lawsuit to recover compensation from your employers.
Common Wage & Hour Violations Include:
- Misclassification of employees as exempt from overtime
- Misclassification of workers as independent contractors rather than employees
- Improper compensation for all hours worked by non-exempt employees, including activities at the start and the end of the workday (such as donning and doffing personal protective equipment) and tasks performed away from the workplace
- Improper calculation of overtime
- Failure to pay for work performed during meal and rest periods
- Improper use of the fluctuating workweek method of payment
- Improper timekeeping and recordkeeping procedures such as altering or changing time cards or “time shaving”
- Employer retaliation against employees for asserting their legal rights.