People and companies purchase insurance in order to safeguard against significant financial loss in the event of an accident or other unfortunate event. Insurance companies offer a service that promises reimbursement—under specified terms—in the event of a particular loss or types of losses. By putting our faith—and money—into insurance, we expect that our insurer will look out for our best interests in our time of need.
Call Lamothe Law Firm
for a Free Consultation – 504-704-1414.
We Don’t Represent Insurance Companies – Only People.
Insurance Companies Must Act in Good Faith
Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always act in good faith, as they are bound to do under the law. They should not take your hard earned premium dollar and then deny your claim.
When an insurance company acts in bad faith, they can be held liable for all ensuing damages. Bad faith, concerning insurance coverage issues, can involve unreasonably denying claims, failure to respond to an insured’s claim in a timely manner and much more.
Insurance claims can involve health insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and disability insurance where the insurance company wrongfully denies your claim
Insurance coverage denial can occur with both first and third party claims.
• First party claim – involves a lawsuit against an insurance company if they refuse to settle the claim of a policyholder
• Third party claim – occurs when an insurance company refuses to defend a suit against its insured or denies coverage to its insured
Get Help Resolving Insurance Disputes in Your Favor
If you feel you have been wrongfully denied insurance coverage or your insurer has treated you unfairly, please contact the Lamothe Law Firm at 504-704-1414. We can evaluate your case—free of charge—to determine the best way to protect and maximize your legal interests. We have a wealth of experience handling similar cases and are prepared to protect your legal rights and interests.
Frank Lamothe has been consistently recognized as one of the leading trial attorneys in Louisiana and the nation.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Super Lawyers
- Invited member, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Invited member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, The Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Listed as Nation’s Top 1% by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Lamothe Law Firm has won national accolades as well.
- Best Law Firms – U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers